We were nominated by the lovely Eva over at Brilliantlybookishsite for the Liebster Award. Thank you!
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you think deserve it. (We have no idea who has done this, so we’re not going to tag 11 blogs.)
- Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Give your eleven questions to the nominees.
Some facts about us
- We are two bloggers sharing booknookreading; Marlene and Ida Elise are 22 years old and comes from Harstad in Norway which is the coldest place on earth. They both live in Gjøvik now, which is further south, and they attend the same university.
- Marlene works as a librarian while taking a BA in Graphic Design. She’s now on her third year and will be ending her degree in July 2017!
Ida works in a bookstore while taking a BA in Graphic Design. She recently moved to Gjøvik after living in Bodø for three years taking a BA in Journalism. This is her first year in Graphic Design.
- The blog was kind of an idea that we think popped into Ida’s head a long time ago, and it was before Marlene had really started taking up reading again. We started off on blogspot as “bymarlida”, where we the first months reviewed and analyzed both movies and books. We found out it was a bit too much to do both of them and decided to focus on our true passion: The books. This year we decided to change platforms and in the makeover-process (lol) we changed the name into booknookreading!
- Marlida came when we put our names together, and it’s kind of been a thing ever since. That’s why this blog is called booknookreading by marlida! The name booknookreading was kind of a mixture of all the things we like put into one name (very original, we know).
- Marlene’s favorite hobby except reading is writing. She’s done some fan fiction, and has several times tried to put her thoughts into actual books but she’s never succeeded. Maybe one day!
In her spare time, Ida spends a lot of time on her Playstation 4. She likes to write and draw (both digital and on actual paper), but entirely on amateur-level. She’s also starting up a big “Bullet Journal” project starting January 2017.
- Marlene got Ida to read Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (by actually giving her the book, and through lots and lots of talking about the actual book and how amazing it was). And Ida got Marlene to read the Divergent trilogy (by sending them to her)! Marlene and Ida are each other’s “book-persons”. Whenever one of them has finished a book, the other one will always be the first one to hear about it. Because of this, a lot of Marley’s reads are on Ida’s TBR, and vice-versa.
- We live together, and therefore we kind of share books! Put together we have close to 500 books available in our house!
- As mentioned we’re both BA Graphic Design students on the same school. But, the first time we actually met we were about 14 years old! We’ve been in the same class since we were 14 till we were 20 years old!
- From the moment Marlene and Ida realized that they were meant to be bestfriends they’ve been like sisters to each others. Both Marlene and Ida only have siblings younger than themselves, and see each other as the twin sister they never knew they had. One time – and none of them can remember when that really happened – they realized that they had to be princesses from another world that was sent to earth because they were in danger in their own world. They had to be separated so that the evil people couldn’t find them on earth, but destiny always has it’s way and thus they found each other in this world as well.
- We have the largest mugs in the world to drink tea from, and we’re not ashamed of it.
- We live together with Marlene’s boyfriend (they share a room), Sondre, who’s Ida’s very old friend and who also went to the same class as Marlene and Ida when they were 14-17, Christoffer, who’s Marlene’s second-cousin, and Qasim, who lived in the house before they moved in! He works as a police-attorney!
Answers on the questions
- Who is your favourite youtuber?
Marlene: Colin Franta!
- What is your favourite dessert?
Marlene: Chocolate fondant!
- What are your favourite bookstagram accounts?
Marlene: fictionfaery, auranianland and booksfor.mee
Ida: accio_all_the_books, thelovelydarlingbones and robyhosh
- Have you tried REAL Belgian chocolate?
Marlene: YES! IN BELGIUM!
Ida: I cannot recall eating it, so probably not…
- What is your Hogwarts house? Are you proud of it?
Marlene: I’m a freakin’ proud Gryffindor and I always will be!
Ida: I’m a Ravenclaw and I will always be proud of it!
- What are some of your favourite quotes?
Marlene: “People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, buried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.” from Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
“Vanity is a factor, but it is more a question of control. It is easier to trick others into perceiving you as beautiful if you can convince yourself you are beautiful. But mirrors have an uncanny way of telling the truth.” from Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” by J.K. Rowling from The Chamber of Secrets! Ida: “All we have to decide is to do with the time that is given to us” by J.R.R. Tolkien from The Lord of The Rings.
“I could set the world on fire, and call it rain” by Victoria Aveyard from Red Queen.
“The place you fight cruelty is where you find it, and the place you give help is where you see it needed” by Phillip Pullman from The Subtle Knife
- Do you have a favourite bookmark?
Marlene: I’m one of those people who use everything as bookmarks, so I’m not the one who buys bookmarks, at all… But I’ve been working on some designs that I want to make into bookmarks!
Ida: After starting my bookstagram, I’ve realized how many beautiful bookmarks there are. I currently have a favorite Harry Potter set from etsy that will be my next treat for myself. And I also have a big plan of making some myself.
- Unpopular opinion on a book?
Marlene: I think my opinion on Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children is kind of unpopular, I didn’t like it as much as I wanted to and I found the plot to be exciting, but so boring at the same time.. I just couldn’t get into it… And I don’t think I’ll read Hollow City…
Ida: I’m don’t read as much contemporary as it seems like a lot of people do. I tend to get bored by them. There’s a lot of what’s considered really good temporary (especially young adult) books so many people loved that I found just okay
- Hardcover or paperback?
Marlene: Hardcover for keepsake-books (ergo books I want to keep forever) and paperbacks for reading because it’s something aesthetically beautiful about a read book!
Ida: When travelling, I prefer the paperbacks. I tend to bring with me like three or four books in case I finish one – and I alway end up buying some as well when travelling – so hardcover is a bit clumsy for that part. But all the books I’ve ever loved will or already is in my bookshelf in hardcover. They’re the most beautiful editions and books I plan to reread and keep forever.
- Which country most fascinates you?
Marlene: Italy, I want to travel back there sometime! Just the culture and the food, the wine, the people, it’s seriously a place I want to move to someday!
Ida: Such a standard answer, but it currently stands between USA and Japan. Both are countries with so many things I want to see and experience.
- Who is your favourite blogger?
Marlene: I actually don’t have a favorite, but I do read “Captivated by fantasy” and “Pretty Books” regularly. Or maybe Shelatitude is my favorite? Or younicorn?
Ida: So far, kenyanlibrary is my favorite. He writes really fun reviews with the exact correct use of GIFS at the right time at the right place. We also seem to like the same books, and I actually bought one he recommended this summer (Horns by Joe Hill) AND it was so worth it! So, I trust his opinions and his reviews are fun to read!
Danielle over at Books, vertigo and tea!
Lola over at Hit or Miss books!
Jasmine at Jasminepearlreads!
We’re sorry if you’ve already been nominated (it’s so hard to keep up with all of this!)
11 questions for the nominated!
- What is the first thing that pops into your head when you hear “Norway”?
- If you could live the life of any fictional character, who would it be?
- What is your favorite place to read?
- Who is the best fictional villain?
- What is the color of your hair?
- Your favorite read of 2016 (so far)?
- A book you would recommend to anyone!
- Most anticipated release of 2017?
- Your favorite genre?
- What’s the first book you remember reading?
- If you had to write a fictional book, which genres would it contain?