I read a total of 56 books and 19,537 pages in 2016!
The shortest book I read was Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire with 173 pages!
And the longest book I read was Winter by Marissa Meyer with 832 pages!
The average length of the books I read was 349 pages
My average rating in 2016 was 3.8!
And out of those books, the one with the highest rating on Goodreads was Winter by Marissa Meyer!
Top 5 books of 2016
Top 5 characters of 2016
1. Alina (Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo)
2. Gansey (The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater)
3. Aya (The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons)
4. The Darkling (Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo)
5. Phoenix (New World Rising by Jennifer Wilson)
Top 5 ships of 2016
1. Alina and the Darkling (Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo)
2. Aya and Kiran (The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons)
3. Kell and Lila (A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab)
4. Kate and August (This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab)
5. Cress and Thorne (Winter by Marissa Meyer)
Top 5 science fiction and fantasy of 2016
Top 5 contemporary of 2016
1. The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
2.Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
3.Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
4.To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
5.Amy And Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Top 5 “other” genres of 2016
1.A Work In Progress by Connor Franta
2.A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
3.The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King
4. Rise: How A House Built A Family by Cara Brookins
5. The Merciless by Danielle Vega
Top 5 authors read in 2016
1. Victoria / V.E. Schwab
Schwab was totally new to me when I opened up This Savage Song, and I just fell in love with her worlds and writing and I’ve now read two of her books and I have purchased more of them and I can’t wait to continue reading her work!
2. Maggie Stiefvater
This was also the first time I’d read anything by Stiefvater; The Raven Cycle, and I just fell in love and I’ve purchased Shiver, and it’s really high on my TBR list of 2017!
3. Marie Lu
I continued with Lu, and she seriously never disappoints! The Rose Society was amazing, and I now have The Midnight Star and I’m going to re-read this series in 2017 before I jump on to the last book in the series!
4. Leigh Bardugo
Bardugo was also totally new to me, and I started with Shadow and Bone and I’ve also completely fallen in love with her characters and the world! I can’t wait to finish the Grisha trilogy and move on to Six of Crows!
5. J.K. Rowling
Rowling is not new to me, but it was the first time I’d read Harry Potter in english and I loved it, and I’ve got a mission to complete one Harry Potter book a month in 2017!
Top 5 book covers (of read books) of 2016
1. New World Rising / New World Ashes by Jennifer Wilson
2. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke
3. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
4. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
5. Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire
Top 5 most anticipated releases of 2017
1. Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth (january)
2. Warcross by Marie Lu (Only says 2017)
3. Caraval by Stephanie Garber (January)
4. A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab (February)
5. One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus (May)
Hope everyone has a happy new year! And I hope it’s wonderfully bookish!